Saturday, September 08, 2007

cool thrifts

I thought this was a pretty sweet chair to find at my local Sal.Arm. I brought it home, threw on a new seat cover (made from an old bed sheet that was hiding in my fabric bin), put some extra screws in for stability and there it is! A nice addition to my "kitsch-in"!

Pretty much everything in the kitchen (and the rest of the house) is "kitschy". I didn't set out to be this way - it just comes naturally - and cheaply! Sometimes I find it slightly embarassing when people come over... but I genuinely like/appreciate the tacky things I live with.

It came from Denmark... if that means anything to anyone... not to me really... i do like how the sticker looks though...



... And then there were these things. Not sure of their true, intended propose but I have stuck them in with a rather ugly-but-beloved plant that I am nurturing along. It really jazzes up the plant. I should take a picture of it.

I particularly like the fish on wheels and mustaschioed-guy.




5 comments:

Steph said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEH! I love your table! I have a bedroom in my house that we call "The 1950s room". I LOVE Formica!

The chair is adorable too - nice thrifty re-covering job. I've been scanning Valooie Vilahgie for sheets and wool blankets as of late. People turf the coolest stuff!

If you think that your house is kitschy, you should swing by our house some time - Mr. Happy says that our house is a tribute to little old ladies. Hee hee. I like it that way.

Megan said...

Great finds. I also covet your table.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you find all that cool stuff at the SA!!!

I need to go there. After I pay off the new computer.

rho said...

some is thrifted but a lot i just take off the side of the road. i'm a total scavanger. i missed a REALLY nice formica table yesterday. BLAST! it was there when i went to the gym and gone by the time i came back.

lulubelle said...

My aunt had a table very similar to that one...she bought it when it was cool the first time around ;)