Wednesday, August 15, 2007

just a wee baby stash

This here's my "stash" of yarn... a pretty minor, baby stash compared to some I think. My goal is to keep it fairly small and to try to buy only as I knit. I am already failing at this of course and I can hear many knitters laughing at me right now. Yarn: so addictive.


I almost bought the new Interweave today but decided that since I already have 3 unfinished things on the go, I would hold off. I'm looking for something amazing to do with the italian silk (bottom of picture with tag) and the Mrs. Moe handspun darlin' (just above the silk).

Until inspiration strikes, I think I'm going copy a friends' recent scarf efforts with the yellow cotton stuff (after I finish the other 3 things!! really!!) She assures me this is OK with her. I'm becoming a total copy-knitter though... the thing I'm making right now was something I saw someone wearing the first night I went to KOL (turtleneck scarf). I suppose most knitters are copiers since most follow patterns... but I seem to do my copying real close to home.


Here's a progress report on turtle-neck scarf/shrug business:

I've actually got both sleeves to their full length now and am ready to join them for the neck. It may actually be ready for fall!

Lastly, here's a knitting-related Sal.Army find that most will find tacky but I think cute. It looks real swell beside my Japanese ceramic dogs with the faux fur hair (yeah, that's right, I said Japanese ceramic dogs with faux fur hair - you got a problem with that?!?):


9 comments:

Megan said...

Your stash looks well guarded. Cats are good yarn guarders as long as they can keep their paws off.

Great sleeves! What yarn are you using?

Steph said...

Ah, young Skywalker, there is much you must learn about the yarn. Your perfectly responsible and respectable stash will continue to grow.

A sure sign you've gone over to the dark side: You'll walk into a store, like Winners, and you'll look at the baskets and think, "That would be a great place to store my yarn!" Yes, the yarn demands accessories and decor.

The Ninja Knitter said...

Oh. You are so toast. Just wait until the enablers get a hold of you...and yes, it all starts with just. one. basket. Heh. You've been warned.

In my case, I blame my close proximity to Tangled Skeins, and uhm ... the internet. And blogging. Possibly it's genetic too. Crap.

Alison said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...

Yarn? What yarn? These are my kittens...

rho said...

ahhh - i missed my fellow creepy sub-culturettes yesterday!!

Its the superwash cascade stuff... one of my first ever loop purchases.

After living in several bags and baskets, the stash currently resides in my "gamecube" - which is a cubic footstool, on wheels, with storage inside that also came with boards and pieces for about 750 different games (ok, maybe 10 games)... might have been easier to take a picture than to explain it.

lulubelle said...

Kittens. *Snort*

I actually looked in my stash yesterday and found about a half dozen things that have been there so long I'd forgotten about them. I wonder what I was going to knit with those...

Anonymous said...

I have red italian silk, it is so luscious.

We all stalk each other, the copying is considered flattery, really. Don't let Steph offer you hand lotion though (a la Silence of the Lambs). She's a sneaky one.

Your stash looks cold. You need more yarn.

lulubelle said...

Rho...the "ghetto" malabrigo you got last night in the swap...just wanted to let you know that it felts if you spit on it, so wash carefully :)
If you do want to make a felted project with it, I recomend the sophie bag:
http://www.magknits.com/warm04/patterns/sophie.htm
That ball is totally enough to make the bag.
Enjoy!

rho said...

hmmm... I'm not even totally sure which one is the "ghetto" malabrigo... I will look... and i will be careful not to spit on it. hahaha.