Sunday, October 14, 2007

thrum thrum thrum thrum!!!

These mitts... let's see. They were among the first of the knitting projects I attempted. I believe they got started about this time last year. Or was it two springs ago? Been so long, I can't remember. It was gangbusters for the first one but the second really dragged me down (it was after this that I decided to do knitted pairs simultaneously). In flurry of knitting-resolution and work-procrastination I ploughed through the second one last night and got it done. They aren't the prettiest - especially the rushed one - but it is nice to have them off the needles. Will I ever wear them? Who knows... probably.


Now a question to you knitters. I am looking to try a sweater and I have my heart set on "minimalist cardigan" from the fall 2007 interweave knits. I don't want to screw up with the yarn choice. Many people on Ravelry (oh yeah - I'm on ravelry now but I will probably only use it to check out patterns - so no need to add me as a friend there) used Knitpicks Wool of the Andes... which is very affordable and probably a safe choice... but I'm willing to go a little more luxurious than that I think. So I guess I'm wondering if anyone has a yarn they just adore for sweaters that is worsted weight or a little bit lighter. The stuff they use in the mag is "Lily Park" merino/alpaca. Someone used Cascade 220 and it looks good too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hmmm....cascade seems to be a good choice...I've heard it stands up to wear quite well.