Wednesday, May 23, 2007

This cute bear couple went to friends as part of their wedding present (the bulk of their present was that I made their invitations for them - they can be seen at my flickr site in the "craftiness" set - just click on the picture to go there).

Anyway, the plan is to add to this bear family whenever they start adding to their human family.

The girl bear is knit on a half size smaller needle - it made a big size difference though! I was surprised.

I just remembered that there is another baby-gift bear out there somewhere. I don't think I have pictures of that one. Sad.

I like sending arts and crafts out into the world. When I was in highschool I drew tattoo designs for a lot of people (maybe 10?) and they actually GOT them. In recent days, facebook has reunited me with most of these people. It has been a decade since I talked to most of them (not because of ill-will, I'm simply very bad at staying in touch). Anyway, it got me thinking about the fact that these people have walked around with my drawings on their bodies for the last decade. It's a pretty unique bond. I wonder if the tats reminded them of me during that 10 year gap?

Anyway, I don't know if the bears will last as long in the world as the tattoos but its nice to know they are out there - hopefully being loved... but at least know as a token of my affection.


bear couple
Originally uploaded by
rho rho.

No comments: