Monday, May 28, 2007



This project is actually finished now but I haven't taken pictures yet (bad knitter/blogger bad!). They are leg warmers. I know I am jumping on a dying/maybe-soon-to-be-dead trend but I think they are cute with flip-flops and a skirt... plus, it just isn't that warm here on the east coast!

What I wanted to show here is that this was a bit of an experiment for me. I made both leg-warmers at the same time on two circular needles. (I found out you can this from an online tutorial which I know I should credit but I don't have the link handy - I WILL do it though!!)

Anyway, the process worked well but was hard to get used to at first. I don't think it is necessarily faster... it may infact be slower because of the fiddling you have to do with the needles. The great advantage though is that you end up with BOTH things done at the same time. This is good for me because I have a really hard time making the second thing in any pair. I am trying it again with the arms of a shrug. It isn't working as well - I believe it is due to the fact the they are ribbed and ending on a purl causes the yarn to be in an awkward place.

5 comments:

Steph said...

Anyone else see a face there? Just me? Ok.

I think that legwarmers are practical enough in our climate that they don't fall under the "trendy" category. Therefore I, in my capacity as Practical Fashions Advisor for Colder Climates, give you permission to wear your legwarmers in good health. You just might want to avoid the REST of Madonna's 1980s wardrobe.

rho said...

the face was a test. you passed.

i'm glad i have your approval on the LWs but i guess i'd better put my tights/bubble skirt/shredded tank top combo away! shucks - i was going to wear that tomorrow night!

Anonymous said...

I think you would look cute in a flashdance meets pretty in pink get up.

I second the legwarmers. I think you can wear anything in Halifax (unlike Vancouver. Trendsville).

Anonymous said...

Ps. the face looks like it has a massive overbite

Steph said...

I was thinking more along the lines of the black lace and that thing Madonna used to wear in her hair.

And I agree with Moe - that pillow dude has some serious buck teef going on there.